Our Past Projects
Here is a list of collaborative programs in research, education, and technical assistance that OIRED has been involved with in support of Virginia Tech’s international mission. Follow the links to read more information about each program.
- SANREM Innovation Lab, Phases III and IV – Virginia Tech was the lead institution for the final two phases of this program. The link above will bring you to the archived website for the program.
- SANREM CRSP, Phase II – Virginia Tech was a partner with the award recipient, University of Georgia, of Phase II of the Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management Collaborative Research Support Program.
- SARSA II CORE – the Systems Approach to Regional Income and Sustainable Resource Assistance program in Asia, Africa, and Latin America
- BioForIQC – the Biodiversity and Forestry Services Indefinite Quantity Contract
- ESIH – partnership with Ecole Supérieure d’Infotronique d’Haïti (ESIH) in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- MFSRE – the Mali Farming Systems Research and Extension Project
- CBNRM – the Community-Based Natural Resources Management Project in Senegal
- SRP – the Senegal Reforestation Project
- NRM InterInnovation Lab – the Natural Resource Management InterInnovation Lab Project in West Africa
- AFRICA IPM – the Africa IPM Link Project in Sub-Saharan Africa
- LOCUST CONTROL – the project for Development of Biopesticides for Grasshopper and Locust Control in Sub-Saharan Africa
- CARBON – the Carbon from Communities project in Mali
- Peanut CRSP – Peanut Collaborative Research Support Program
- South Sudan I – Higher Education in Africa Initiative
- AMAREW – the Amhara Microenterprise Development, Agricultural Research, Extension & Watershed Management Project in Ethiopia
- SARA – Support for Agricultural Restructuring in Albania
- MTI – the Moscow Technology Incubator Project
- PPMP – the Pest and Pesticide Management Project in the Ukraine
- EGYPT – the Management Development Initiative (MDI) – an Information Technology (IT) Project in Egypt
- MERC – the Middle East Research Cooperation Project, with work in Egypt and Israel
- Nepal – Virginia Tech partnership with Yale University and Principia College to establish the Memorial Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning at the Institute of Forestry in Pokhara, Nepal
- RMP – the Research Management Project in Bangladesh
- BANGLADESH – the Partnership to Improve the Status and Opportunities for Women in Bangladesh
- IPM SECP – Virginia Tech received a sub-grant from Madecor for work in Indonesia with the Integrated Pest Management for Smallholder Estate Crops Program in 1998-2003. For our work as the lead institution for Phases III and IV of the program, see the item in the main menu to the left.