Biodiversity and Integrated Pest Management:
for a Sustainable Future
A conference in Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia
Conference: July 4–5, 2013, Sintesa Peninsula Hotel
Field trips: July 6–7, 2013
Cost: $150 (overseas participants) | $75 (overseas students, Indonesian non-student participants) | $25 (Indonesian students)
Event press release | Conference Booklet
Updated July 9, 2013
A big thank you to all of our presenters, facilitators, participants, on-the-ground staff, and gracious hosts. The conference was a huge success. Everyone's enthusiasm was extremely inspiring, and we hope that you continue to keeping biodiversity a priority in your work in Indonesia and beyond.
Additionally, we have kept track of where the conference received media coverage. If you know of an article that is not covered here, send us an email.
- Manado Hosting International Biodiversity Conference (Bernama)
- Sekot Hadiri Biodiversity and Integrated Pest Management Conference (Metro Manado)
- Sekdakot Manado Hadiri Biodiversity and Integrated Pest Management Conference (Manado.co)
- Manado bio-meet decries excessive use of pesticides (Brunei Times)
- Pakar Mancanegara Gelar Konferensi Biodiversity Di Manado (Ciputra News)
- Conference in Indonesia highlights how biodiversity plays key role in successful sustainable agriculture programs (Virginia Tech News)
The conference information has moved to an archived page. Click here to learn more about the 2013 Biodiversity + IPM Conference.