IPM Impact Assessment for the IPM CRSP
PI: George Norton, Virginia Tech
A global theme program on impact assessment provides leadership and coordination to each of the regional IPM programs mentioned above, and helps the CRSP assess priorities world-wide in IPM. It is establishing a common methodology for evaluating economic (including poverty), social, environmental/health, and gender impacts of IPM programs. Spatially-referenced analytical tools are used to identify and characterize areas susceptible to specific pest problems and linked to crop loss data. This information is combined with other economic, technical, and technology adoption (realized and projected) data to: a) project where IPM programs are likely to have the greatest impacts locally, regionally, and globally; and b) to assess impacts of specific IPM CRSP activities that have been completed in each region.
Here is access to resources and presentations that have been developed by the IPM Impact Assessment team.
- Global Theme: IPM Impact Assessment (1.78 MB) - a presentation from a recent talk given on IPM Impact Assessment.
- Global Theme: IPM Impact Assesment en Español (1.80 MB) - that same presentation in Spanish. (La misma presentatión, en español.)
- Sample IPM CRSP Budget Form for Impact Assessment (74 KB) - A sample budget form that you can use for Impact Assessment.
- Encuesta Río Alumbre (228 KB)
- Baseline survey draft (126 KB) - A draft of a document that you can use to take a baseline survey at your sites before you have changed any variables, against which the impacts of the IPM CRSP work in the region can later be measured.